ON Semiconductor ENGR SR, PRODUCT_TL in Seremban, Malaysia
The Product Engineer will be part of the business unit team working on both new product and sustaining activities in the factory. The candidate will be responsible for releasing new product test packages, work on yield and capacity improvement activities, cost reduction, product documentations and quality issues. Must be able handle and resolve customer issues for any product returns. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimum supervision on given objectives, must possess good engineering background and judgment, highly committed, motivated and able to work with multi-levels of people.
• Responsible and own sustaining activities of existing products.
• Develop final test screening methodology to enhance product yields and quality. This will involve hands-on validations, data analysis and disposition of affected materials.
• Responsible to develop and drive strategies to achieve profitability through yield enhancement, cost reduction, capacity expansion and portfolio management.
• Provide product engineering supports for new products introductions to capture new business opportunities that will require attentive and fast executions.
• Interface with Customer Quality Engineering to address customer quality issues thru cross functional team and participation in conference calls with external customers.
• Additional value-added responsibilities include support customer line down issues, product characterization and data analysis, coordinate reliability testing on new products, develop and maintain product documentation.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.S. in engineering discipline or science or equivalent, BSEE preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience as a product / test engineer preferred.
Knowledge of semiconductor devices especially analog products (High voltage a plus), Test knowledge (on ETS300, ETS364, ETS88, PowerTECH, TMT), gage R&R, C , basic assembly knowledge including wire bonding, molding, die attach, etc, basic statistics knowledge (distributions, box plots, Cpk's, mean, standard deviation, etc) basic understanding reliability testing Temp Cycle, Autoclave, High Temp Operation Life, High Temp Storage, etc), good problem solving and good communication skills.
Title: ENGR SR, PRODUCTTL_
Requisition ID: 1704417
ON Semiconductor is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state or local protected classes. ON is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of protect class status.