Honeywell South APAC Solution Architect in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
South APAC Solution Architect
1. The OEM Solutions Architect (SA) will be responsible for both pre-sales requirements gathering and post-sales technical support activities:
a. Pre-sales will be primarily requirements gathering and understanding of customers use cases, as well as communicating that information to internal stake holders
b. Post-sales will primarily be tech support and problem resolution
2. The OEM SA will deliver existing solutions as well as implement new solutions based on industry experience and product knowledge. Care should be taken not to “Re-invent the wheel” but rather to draw from existing solutions. Always check with the internal SA team before escalating to engineering or submitting EWR.
3. In building advanced solutions, it is expected that the OEM SA will manage/coordinate projects and assist the local sales team to follow-up regularly on customer needs.
4. In the OEM space there can be many partners that contribute to an end-user solutions, each adding their own value. Therefore, strong business acumen is important and the OEM SA should have enough experience to understand the technical feasibility of the solutions, as well as the business viability.
5. An understanding of the support hierarchy and escalation process in complex relationships will be a benefit. Sometimes we may be required to help support end users but we should only do that if the integration partner requests it after being engaged by their user. Also, partner should be included in support discussions.
6. The OEM SA should be capable of weighing solutions against the value they provide to the customer for both near term and strategic considerations. Guidance should be taken from the regional SA and Sales leader on priorities.
7. Communicate efficiently with required internal teams. Tracking project deliveries and communicating expectations from both sides will be critical
8. Be a strong team player and be willing to take direction from the Regional SA Leader.
9. Support customers in RMA process. SA may be required to diagnose small quantities of returned items. Systemic issues, (design flaws, process failures, etc) will be driven through the use of the CAR system. QA and operations teams may be engaged by the SA for support.
10. SAs will assist in Host Decode (also called undecoded) integrations. SA will submit the EWR driving the integration as well as help with first tier support. Support may include explaining the SDK release package contents, helping navigate documentation, troubleshooting basic problems such as symbologyspecific settings, and making suggestions for improved read performance.
11. Submit EWRs for decoded out integrations. This will include custom firmware, hardware and configuration options that may be required.
12. SAs will submit EWRs for SwiftDecoder, Axiom Decoder and other SW releases.
13. SAs will be responsible for getting customer approval or providing notification for part changes, releases of new custom parts, etc., and have signature authority for ECNs.
14. SAs will regularly participate in process improvement efforts as applicable and also assist each other with cross training activities. These include HPD and MBO goals as defined by the SA leadership team.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electric or Electronics or equivalent.
- Some experience in the similar field
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong customer relationships
- In-depth knowledge of Honeywell and competitor platforms, products and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with industry regulatory requirements and future mandates
- Ability to achieve results through influence in a matrixed-team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across language and cultural barriers
- Job ID: req130215
- Category: Business Development
- Location: UOA Corporate Tower, Avenue 10, The Vertical,, Bangsar South City, No. 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Kuala Lumpur, WP 59200 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.