General Electric Site Manager, GE Grid Solutions in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more
information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Site Manager is responsible for the site management of project according to contractual conditions within schedule and budget allocated with overall site EHS oversight. Responsible for the coordination and interface with customers and other contractors for timely execution of all project activities, either directly or by delegating to the concerned team member.
• Responsibilities include construction site related scheduling, workload forecasts, revenue recognition & planning, progress certification and invoicing, site resource planning/management of site resources. Also, responsible for coordination with technical teams (on-shore or off-shore), equipment and services supplying entities to clarify technical issues as and when necessary to complete project on time and collect customer site acceptance reports, Provisional Acceptance Certificates (PAC)/Final Acceptance Certificate (FAC).
• To lead, manage and complete construction site in all aspects of site project management, scope management, time management, cost and quality management, human resources management, risk and opportunity management, contract management while fully adhering to EHS and Compliance guidelines.
• Ensure safe work processes while taking overall responsibility for all aspects of site EHS management.
• Manage site level interfaces both technically and commercially with customers and all internal project stakeholders (engineering, sourcing and logistics, supplier and sub-contractors).
• Lead and support in preparation of overall construction and commissioning schedules, 1week, 3week schedules, necessary progress reports and progress certifications for both customer and subcontractors to facilitate progressive revenue recognition and invoicing.
• Conduct, lead and manage site progress review meetings with customer
• Support project team to obtain equipment handover/turnover package certifications, lead and close punch items, consolidate site modification documentation, obtain PAC & FAC.
• University degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
• 12-15 years minimum relevant experience in construction/site management activities for multi-disciplinary projects with good knowledge of technical and contractual requirements of large construction Projects.
• Site Management in a multidisciplinary construction environment, preferably of projects within a consortium or partnership setup
• Experience of managing multiple subcontractors simultaneously with strong focus on EHS
• Demonstrable zero tolerance towards safety violations in large construction activiites
• Willingness to work in different locations for short or medium periods and to travel world-wide
• Knowledge of Electrical networks and technology used in related power Transmission & Distribution (T&D) projects involving AIS or GIS switchgear, transformers, related cable works etc.
• Ability to lead, manage and organize multiple teams and activities, necessary staffing, development and training plan for the different teams.
• Skills in planning, resource management, financial and legal/contractual aspects of project management.
• Knowledge of project management tools, software and methodologies such as MS Project, Primavera etc.
• An understanding and appreciation of International Standards (e.g. IEC).
• Open-minded / flexible for changes and new ideas
• Motivating and well-aimed promotion of ideas and concepts
• Exhibit “command presence”
• Exhibit common sense, is respectful and loyal
• Ability to make decisions/ sense of Urgency
• Motivating & inspiring
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur