Marriott Maintenance Officer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Number 18000RUS
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
• Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
• Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
• Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Develops a long term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
• Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
• Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchasing new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.