EY Business Development Senior Associate in Wilayah Persekutuan (KL), Malaysia
Title: Business Development Senior Associate
Location: MY-Wilayah Persekutuan (KL)-Kuala Lumpur
Job Number: KUA001EP
Business Development Senior Associate
As the Business Development Senior Associate, you’ll responsible to support the Global Client Service Partner (GCSP) in growing account revenues and by managing all significant sales pursuits for the account, helping the account team identify, qualify, and prioritize sales leads; develop sales strategies and plans; and close sales. The role requires a high level of sales expertise in large accounts as well as strong leadership skills.
The BD Senior Associate tracks the status of all sales opportunities and ensures that appropriate information is communicated to the firm, conducting win/loss reviews to identify areas for improvement or development. This position is responsible for developing sales strategies, executing tactics, and securing the resources (both internal and external) required to close sales opportunities.
The BD Senior Associate must be able to build value-based client relationships at all levels throughout the account. The relationships are leveraged to others within the firm (e.g., subject matter experts) who are sponsored into the account. This position also facilitates the implementation of a relationship management process for the account team. This process determines what the client values in a relationship and leads to the co-development of expectations, also responsible for tracking and communicating the value that the team delivers to the account.
• Manage the sales process for the portfolio of strategic opportunities in the account-including identifying and closing new business
• Secure and manage firm resources to close new business opportunities
• Ensure consistent pricing and contractual arrangements within the account
• Work with the account team to identify new areas for growth
• Ensure all sales opportunities are forecast and tracked
• Conduct win/loss reviews to determine what factors caused the firm to win or lose business and proactively share this information with the account team
• Coach the account team regarding the account management activities, including the account management system
• Facilitate implementation of the relationship management process
• Support the GCSP in the efforts to develop the account strategy and plan
• Facilitate assessment of the client’s strategy to develop high-value “breakthrough” ideas
• Identify contacts, develop and account network, and foster buy-in to the strategy
• Sponsor account-wide knowledge and technology initiatives and share lessons learned and success stories with other team members
Why should I work for EY?
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
• Recognised university degree in Business Studies/Marketing or equivalent
• At least 2 years relevant experience in business development
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills to drive sales
• Excellent analytical, report-writing, communication and presentation skills
• Resourceful, pro-active, highly motivated and self-starter
• Excellent command of spoken and written English