J&J Family of Companies PRODUCT MANAGER in Malaysia
The Product Manager is accountable for strategy development and promotion of a specific group of products. He or she must develop and recommend specific marketing objectives and forecast for products sold, manage the execution of authorized marketing plans to achieve or exceed sales volume and profit margin planed, plus other marketing objectives.
Market Research and Analysis
• Knowledge of marketplace is gathered from field sales input, the results of market research surveys, competitive information, and personal professional contacts and through individual creativity.
• Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
• Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Identify and establish new funding sources (Hospital Journal, Media, Audit Report) in order to develop and implement strategies to enhance traditional or existing sources of funds.
• Evaluate feasibility of potential new products/features, including technical feasibility, market size, potential revenue, etc., and make recommendations with respect to implementation.
• Maintains close contact with Regional Product Management team to ensure regular updates on marketing/sales program and new product development, and provide regular updates to the management.
• Schedules field work/market visit with product specialist or area managers to collect feedback on current programs and market conditions/needs.
• Utilizing the Marketing Competency Model (Market situational analysis, STP, Action Plan and Review and Assessment).
• Establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives via accumulation of market data, communicating with all departments of the organization and by analyzing product trends and having a thorough knowledge of all activities of the marketplace.
• Develops and recommends product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
• Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
• Oversees development and maintenance of customer database.
• Conducts marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development.
• Develops and adjusts promotional activity for assigned products in accordance with market trends to ensure profitability.
• Support all major CME talk, in-service, workshop programs that involved the product line handle.
• Facilitates change, leads, and resolves conflict within marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
• Establishes and maintains good relationships with key hospitals and key customer and strategic partners.
Event Planning, Workshop & Development of Product Champion
• Authorized to develop project teams for new product launches, event management, workshops & other related marketing activities.
• Designs and oversees the execution of trade show (exhibition) and other key events and promotions such as AO Workshops, press conferences, company receptions, and other community outreach efforts.
• Oversees product contributions/give-away to during events and to ensure adherence to budgets and that company's objectives are being served
• Ensures that key information and enquiry (pre and post) regarding events is being disseminated to all sales & marketing team.
• Ensures that all events are providing a strong ROI of company funds and that we are fully maximizing each opportunity in terms of brand exposure and sales.
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Provide Sales, Marketing and Customer Service support for new and existing products.
• Assist Business Unit Manager with the development of budget and revenue forecasts for new products.
• Product Training - Product Training and Review on quarterly basis - to provide product knowledge, both technical and commercial, to the Sales personnel and others as needed.
• Communication Tools - Designs, writes, and oversees the production of printed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers, and program and media guides.
• Customer Feedback - Manage formal and informal customer feedback (beta tests, qualitative analysis) as part of the product development process. Monitor and record product input/ideas from customers.
New Product Launch Plan
• Develops accurate sales forecasts for product lines as needed, and shares corporate service level objectives with operations group.
• Market feasibility survey (refer to Market Research & Analysis).
• Create Market Requirements Documents, Market Opportunity Reports and Product Specifications for potential new products.
• Incorporate the global direction for local launch plans.
• Working together with Business Unit Manager to create financial projections for new product opportunities and trends.
• Create new marketing materials for new products.
• Conduct product training for Sales and customers.
• Stay abreast of customer complaints and concerns in order to identify any new product features, deficiencies.
Allocation for Market Resources
• Responsible for meeting allocated budget in sales, expenses and margin for responsible product line.
• Co-develops and manages marketing operating expenses budget.
• Evaluates each customer and project for its ROI and ensure the contribution to market share.
• Assist in cost feasibility studies for upcoming or ongoing programs and projects.
• Total Product Budget, Marketing Expenses and Profit Margin (GP%).
Training, Meeting, Planning and Reporting
• Product Managers will provide monthly reports by describing details of activity within his/her market – submit to Business Unit Manager before 5th day of the month. Other reports will be submitted when appropriate.
• Provide monthly Travel Plan to Immediate Superior before 2nd day of the month and Outstation Travel Plan with detail objective – 2 week before travel.
• Timely reporting of market updates to the management
• Meet weekly with Senior Manager, producing accurate updates on prospecting activity, products performance, outside appointment and event recaps, and account management.
• To attend and actively participate in meetings and training courses organized by the company.
Knowledge & Development
• Working in alliance with medical societies, NGO, health organization to stay up to date in new developments in the field, and analyze and report data patterns which affect the marketing of the products, making recommendations to the S&M Manager to enhance the product’s functionality and profitability.
• Develop and undertake an approved plan for self-development through evaluating present level of success and setting goals and instrumental methods for meeting these goals.
• To determine the developmental needs necessary to enhance his/her performance and ensure their continued growth via the Advanced Product Training and Marketing courses.
• Assist in preparation of monthly reporting for local management purpose.
• Assist in ad-hoc reporting, required by local management/HQ.
• Performs other special projects and functions as assigned.
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
• Min 6 years’ experience in the industry and 4 years’ marketing experience would be preferred.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree from Life Science and Biology, with preference for pharmacy or medical degree.
• Proven track record in strategic marketing and product management.
• Demonstrated success in building strong KOL and customer relationships.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Strong sense of urgency, learning agility and collaborative.
• Objective, analytical with a critical and inquisitive mind.
• Results and performance driven.
• Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment with strong time management skills.
Johnson & Johnson Sdn. Bhd. (8275)