Fugro Marine in Malaysia
The Senior Data Processor is responsible for the post processing of data including ( but not limited to ) navigation, positioning, bathymetric, multibeam backscatter and the operation of GIS and CAD systems for the production of GIS databases and charts.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Undertake processing of survey data such as navigation, positioning, echo sounder and backscatter data acquired from the field.
- Produce GIS databases and survey charts compliant with Fugro or client specific standards as required.
- Evaluate the quality and presentation of data received from the field and from junior data processors, ensuring that contract specifications have been met.
- Support survey preparation and tendering activities by processing data, preparing line plans and charts as required.
- Assist the Data Centre Supervisor to develop and maintain the templates, procedures, work practices and standards relating to processing, charting and GIS.
- Drive continuous improvement of processing, GIS and charting workflows by critically evaluating current procedures and making suggestions for improvements and efficiency savings.
- Degree ( or equivalent ) in Surveying ( Land / Hydrography ), geoscience or a closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the offshore survey industry
- Very strong communication skills with an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Competent user of common CAD and data processing software packages
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in Malaysia.
- ESRI ArcGIS for the creation of GIS databases.
- MakaiPlan and Geomedia for cable route design..
- Fledermaus and/or CARIS for multibeam echo sounder processing.
- AutoCAD and AutoChart for north-up and alignment chart creation.
Job ID: 2575
Region: Asia Pacific
Closing date: Friday June 9, 2017
Employment status: Experienced Professional
Employment type: Permanent