Continental Corporation IT Specialist Server Infrastructure in Malaysia
Auto req ID 59778BR
Job Title IT Specialist Server Infrastructure
Responsible for the support and delivery of Server related IT infrastructure to Continental Tire locations. The position is to provide second level infrastructure support mainly for Tire Manufacturing decentralized IT applications (Manufacturing Suite & others); and contribute to continuous improvement of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) infrastructure environment and processes.
Key functions are:
• Advise and assist Local IT of tire plants in monitoring and troubleshooting the MES infrastructure environment.
• Regularly review status and demands with plants in Asia Pacific region.
• Work as part of global MES infrastructure team, continuously align with team members in other regions.
• Participate in projects for implementation of new or changed MES Infrastructure services within Tires.
• Pay special attention to potential IT security hazards in shop floor IT environment, continuously drive assessment and mitigation of identified risks.
• Facilitate and support utilization of standard IT Service Management processes within Manufacturing environment.
Must have Bachelors degree in Computer Science or comparable field, plus min. 2 years of work experience configuring, operating and supporting IT infrastructure in several of the following areas:
• Server hardware (HPE/Cisco UCS),
• Enterprise Storage Systems (NetApp MetroCluster or HPE 3PAR),
• SAN switching,
• Backup devices and software
• Windows Server, Vmware vSphere, Linux