Schneider Electric Demand Planning Lead in Malaysia
We are currently seeking a professional to join Schneider Electric as Demand Planning Lead
Location: Selangor, Malaysia
In this role, you will
A highly visible supply chain role that will oversee the Demand Planning (forecasting and inventory) requirements process.This is a hands-on position responsible for developing and executing Demand Plan and that will enable the Business Unit /Country to meet sales and service level objectives. Collaboration with other members of the Supply Chain, Business Unit, Sales, Marketing, and Customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service level objectives.
Reporting to the Demand Planning Director – East Asia Japan, you will be required to contribute and drive the forecast accuracy of a group of Product families and Countries in East Asia, contribute towards the storage of minimum stock levels but ensuring maximum levels of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- 1) Lead and facilitate the monthly collaborative sales forecast process (CSF) for a selected product portfolio for a country / zone to ensure the forecast accuracy targets are achieved.
2) 2) Coordinate the demand planning portion of the product life cycle (Phase in/Phase out) meetings with Marketing Managers, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
3) 3) Conduct regular meeting with Commercial team to assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the demand forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, special events and inventory levels, etc..).
4) 4) Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
5) 5) Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Sales & Marketing, Logistics and Finance)
6) 6) Participate actively in projects teams, working on initiatives to improve forecast accuracy
7) 7) Complete relevant reports (weekly & monthly ) as and when directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1)Strong Background in demand planning & forecasting & Sales & Operations Planning (S&Ops;)
2)Experience using SAP &/or Kinaxis sale forecast (preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
30 3) Strong analytical abilities /High level of data analytics skills.
4)Good communication and Team building skills
5)Ability to lead cross-functionally with strong collaborative skills in getting consensus among teams in mitigating demand gaps
6) 8+ years related experience
7)Tertiary qualifications in a commercial or logistics (Business, engineering or related field)
Primary Location: Malaysia
Unposting Date: Jun 5, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003FOB