Mattel Accountant in Malaysia
At Mattel, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
- Prepare and maintain accounting records in compliance with corporate policy and statutory requirements
- Optimize organization’s investment in working capital and fixed assets
- Complete internal and external reporting on a timely and accurately basis
- Analyze financial results to highlight variance from plan
Main Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Prepare and maintain the general ledger as per Mattel’s accounting policy and statutory requirements.
- Coordinate and complete the month end closing and submission as per corporate reporting datelines.
- Perform necessary interface between various Mattel Systems, e.g. ISIS/Oracle/HFM before closing the book.
- Ensure data integrity and agreement in various ISIS subledger and Oracle general ledger.
- Prepare the required month end journals for accrual of customers growth rebate, defective returns, royalty, logistic costs, inventory shrinkage and obsolensce, A&P;, etc.
- Ensure data in HFM in agreement with Oracle general ledger.
- Complete the Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Financial Reporting Package accurately and timely.
- Complete the internal management reporting packge on a timely basis and to discuss with management on the financial position relative to plan and highlight variance from plan.
- Prepare the weekly SOTB and monthly Flash Report.
- All asset and liabilities accounts are accurately reconciled on a monthly basis, including inter company reconciliation.
Accurate and timely preparation of the necessary schedules and information as required by audit, tax and other statutory reporting and ensure timely filing with the relevant statutory bodies.
Working Capital & Fixed Assets Management
- Ensure all vendors’ invoices are approved and coded correctly, and updated into the system accurately and timely.
- Ensure inventory records are updated with all movements and necessary adjustments on a timely basis.
- Coordinate with Logistics to ensure inventory data integrity through periodical reconciliation and cycle count of physical inventory.
- Oversee the processing and correctness of invoices, DN, CN, etc.
- Follow up on past due balances and promptly resolve any discrepancy noted.
- Timely and accurate application of customer receipts.
- Monthly evaluation of credit risk and prepare the provision for doubtful debts.
- Monthly AR aging reporting.
Ensure all fixed assets are recorded and depreciated as per Mattel’s accounting policy
To assist in the preparation of financial plan and forecast on SG&A;, customer trade marketing and accounts receivables
System and Processes Management
- Ensure all key internal controls procedures are continuing in force.
- Ensure the systems effectively and accurately report financial results and/or recommend system development requirements and opportunities.
Due to month end closing responsibility, this position should not schedule leave during the first eight working days of the month. Month end responsibilities may necessitate long hours to meet deadlines. Additionally, the incumbent is require to train back up when on leave and may be required for job rotation, e.g. handling other entities.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Mattel operation systems and processes
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Accounting related degree
- Member of Accounting professional body.
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experiences in MNC with sales and marketing focus, with early years (2-3 years) worked in big 4 accounting firms will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in preparing full set accounts is preferred.
- Hands on.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and manage a diverse range of assigned work.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting system and desktop software such as Excel and Words.
- Self motivated
- Organized and Details
- Drive for results
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Accountant
Requisition Number: 170663
Location: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur SEAL
Zip Code: 59200
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Strategic Planning