Ericsson Strategy Consultant - SEA in Sunway, Malaysia
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The Strategy Consultant, South East Asia reports to the Head of Strategy for the region and forms part of a small team with the role of being the strategic planning and execution partner to the regional organization.
Location: Malasia or Philippines.
The main operational and functional responsibilities of this role include:
1. Strategy Analysis
- Drive the analysis of Ericsson’s situation; identifying and assessing key trends and deriving key insights with respect to:
- our own realities;
- industry dynamics and
- the broader environment (e.g. macro-economy; socio-political factors, technology)
- Investigate new strategic areas; e.g. potential growth and new business opportunities.
2. Strategy Development: Work closely with executives in the region and country leadership teams to :
- Drive, coordinate, align, contribute to and develop practical strategies to accelerate growth for Ericsson; targeted areas in our portfolio and specific countries.
- Ensure the strategies are aligned to and support Ericsson’s Strategic Direction
- Set operational targets and support financial target setting
3. Strategic Investments
- Drive appropriate strategic investments in targeted areas
- Define and secure executive support, local support (where necessary) and BU support for investment proposals.
- Manage the acquisition process and coordinate support from Group Function.
In addition to these focus areas, from time-to-time the Strategy Manager will support other team members with Strategy Execution and New Business Development and Innovation.
- 5 – 10 years of rapid career progression within the telecommunications, media, IT or internet industry.
- Strategy development with a growth focus in IT, media and internet industries.
- Acquisitions: development of acquisition strategy; target profile; candidate search; candidate evaluation and pre-investment ‘due diligence’ activities.
- Working in and leading virtual, cross-functional teams
- Collaborating with and influencing senior internal and external leaders.
- Strategy analysis: able to identify, analyze, assess the impact of external and internal trends; produce insights and practical recommendations.
- Strategy development: able to devise and clearly articulate highly implementable strategies that produce desired outcomes quickly.
- Business acumen: a blend of analytical skills, judgment and decision making capability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Influence: able to lead and be a member of cross-functional and virtual teams and influence team members and senior resources inside and outside the company.
- Organized – able to lead and manage multiple concurrent complex programs each with different teams.
- Impact driven: Self-motivated, resourceful and result-oriented.
- Entrepreneurial: able to see an opportunity; articulate the value of the opportunity and the path to capture it.
- Leadership: attract and mobilize resources to pursue far reaching and challenging goals.
- Trustworthiness: builds trust with internal and external leaders.
Outstanding academic performance in top institutions leading to:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in any discipline
- MBA (preferred)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || No Selection || Sunway || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt;
Job details: Strategy Management Job Stage 08