Honeywell Technical Support Specialist in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Coverage of Technical Support Helpdesk (Hotline, mail and web support)
Provide pre and post sales technical assistance for internal and external customers: facilitating the identification, investigation, resolution, root cause analysis and replication of technical issues. Areas include, but are not limited to, configurations, installation procedures, application functionality, and other areas as related to system operations.
Timely resolution is of high importance. Support cases will have to be timely escalated when appropriate to Tier 3 Technical Support and/or management.
Build relationships with customer base and become knowledgeable about the needs of customers. Keep the customer updated on the status of reported problems. Communication with strong focus on customer service and solution quality.
Support the knowledge-sharing mindset and apply the Knowledge Management Methodology (KCS) guidelines. Knowledge Base co-ownership requires ongoing efforts to continuously create and enhance solutions in the database.
Create, track and monitor Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records for all incoming support requests. Keep CRM system updated with current information on the support case, related activities and resolution.
Maintain and extend product knowledge by self-study and by attending relevant training sessions. Maintain awareness of all products offered by Honeywell Scanning and Mobility.
Demo equipment: Ensure local test and demo equipment is kept up-to-date.
Provide product-related technical training and/or create training material
Test Environment ownership and maintenance,
Establishes and supports laboratory test systems.
Field-based troubleshooting of product issues when issues cannot be resolved remotely.
New Product & Firmware testing (for self learning & occasional qualification testing)
Product Knwoledge or Certification
- Preferred Bachelor degree in a information technical related field or an equivalent and relevant combination of education, AIDC experience and idustry recognized certifications.
- Solid Experience on AIDC products (Scanners, Mobile Computers, Barcode Printers, ...etc) is preferred
- Knowledge of Industry related technology and applications: familiarity with Bar Code Symbologies, Imaging technology, Barcode Label Printer is preferred
- Working knowledge of WLAN/GSM/GPRS/EDGE/CDMA/3G/4G/GPS/BT communication protocols is preferred
- Experience with, and in-depth knowledge of networks and wireless network connectivity is preferred
- Experience with Telnet and TCP/IP protocols is preferred
- Experience with wide range of operating systems incl. Windows CE, Windows Mobile and Android is preferred
- Programming skills (C#, C, VB, Java, ...etc) is preferred
- Industry certifications, examples: CWNA, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP is preferred
Strong problem solving skills, ability to quickly and correctly assess the impact, complexity and urgency of technical problems reported by customers is a must
- Fluent Thai in both written and spoken is a must
- Fluent English in both written and spoken is a must
Other Additional Language is preferred
- Excellent telephone mannerisms
- Strong listening skills to really understand a customer problem or question
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely, in verbal and written forms
Ability to communicate and build relationships comfortably with customers
Targeting to get results:
- Proactive and resourceful,
- Able to drive the activities necessary to bring tasks to conclusion
Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work independently as well as in a Team environment
Willing to work on bank holiday if need
Willing to work on 08:00 17:00
Job: *Customer/Product Support
Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: MYS-SL-Petaling Jaya
Requisition ID: 00355132