Schlumberger Tactical Sourcing Specialist in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Tactical Sourcing Specialist
Location: Petaling Jaya - Malaysia
The Tactical Sourcing Specialist is responsible to promote and implement tactical sourcing activities while proactively managing assigned commodity and supply base. They ensure that Schlumberger sourcing strategy is correctly reflected into the procurement tools and implemented by the Procurement Centers of Excellence.
Successful Tactical Sourcing Specialist have strong analytical skills, excellent team players and possess a strong drive towards business improvements. They are able to use their extensive experience in Procurement, Sourcing, Distribution and Logistics process and systems combined with good communication skills to deliver innovative solutions fit for tomorrow's business challenges.
- Lead effort to increase relevance and coverage of Schlumberger catalog, supplier and contract management tools based on Schlumberger sourcing strategy
- Ensure adherence to Schlumberger approved Supplier agreements/contracts
- Guide Sourcing Analyst search to identify gaps in the existing catalog/ contract structure
- Analyze Sourcing Analyst reports and lead effort to bridge the gap between Schlumberger sourcing strategy and procurement operations
- Analyzes trends and statistics to create action plans for process improvement.
- Coordinate with Supplier management team and catalog data management team to obtain the relevant information and update electronic catalogs
- Recommend opportunities to reduce total cost through new sources, substitutions, improved systems or methods based on sourcing analyst report.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the procurement team to identify process sourcing, and contract improvement opportunities
- Report Supplier non-conformances and procurement issues in Schlumberger’s System
- Identify possible process innovation and change to optimize efficiencies and achieve business results
- Prepare periodical reports as agreed with management
- Analyzes business operations to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Ensure full compliance with Health, Safety & Environment policies in all aspects of the Supply Chain activity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Management, or equivalent disciplines.
- 5-7 or more years’ experience within Procurement, Sourcing or Supply Chain roles.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written English).
- Strong project management skills with experience to manage input from several stakeholders and lead different improvement projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite - good knowledge in MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint, etc
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.