Continental Corporation SCM Consultant in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Tire Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. While the Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on leading safety performance, the broad brand portfolio and product range offer solutions for most of the market segments. Continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
Auto req ID 63073BR
Job Title SCM Consultant
Posting Location Petaling Jaya
'Act as SCM Consultant for the Supply Chain Management (SCM) solutions rollout, implementation and support to markets and plants of the Rubber divisions of Continental AG. The position of this function for Competence Center SCM is to be based in Asia and be part of a competence team member in Asia.
The primary role covers:
• Design and develop custom supply chain solutions in close cooperation with our internal customers in sales, logistics, manufacturing and other supply chain related areas
• Accompany our customers through all phases of the projects from strategy and project definition thru project execution into the solution support lifecycle
• Analyse and document functional and technical requirements together with our business users
• Identify areas for improvement in our supply chain processes and IT solutions and develop solutions for these
• Serve our customers as a first point of contact for any supply chain system related questions in a consultant role
• Develop training concepts in cooperation with our internal business customers, plan and conduct training together with key users and end users
• Ensure that solutions in operation will meet customer expectations, this includes close follow up and resolution on incidents and problems with the SCM solutions, continuous improvement and ensuring daily operations
Skills and experience required are:
• University degree (Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.) in computer science, technical or economical field or equivalent qualification
• One to three years of experience as (senior) consultant in the SCM planning area, or in an equivalent position
• You have good conceptual understanding and practical experience with SCM software tools like SAP APO, i2, JDA; Manugistics or equivalent best of breed tools in this area, preferably i2/JDA solutions
• Good understanding of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Supply Chain Planning environment and logistics processes
• Good knowledge and experience within the manufacturing industry business processes – experience in the tire industry and retail knowledge would be beneficial
• You will also want to work in a competitive, international environment as well as grow and develop your skills and competencies into the Supply Chain area
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills including solid writing and presentation abilities (English and German)
• Ability to work in a challenging environment combined with intercultural experience and great team work capabilities
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.