AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Business Analyst in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
A new operating model is being established for AZ Finance, which includes the establishment of a new organisation, Integrated Finance Solutions. IFS will provide services for FP&A, Record to Report, Tax and Treasury to customers in Commercial (International and Europe), Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance.
IFS services will be delivered from 3 regional service centres in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with a small central management team in the UK. Altogether, IFS Global Service will have a combined team of approx. 250 roles.
The recruitment into the centres will be in stages and these are the second wave of opportunities with more following in 2017. We have exciting opportunities in this wave of recruitment for Business Analysts in the Operations & Enabling Functions FP&A team to be based in the IFS Centre in Kuala Lumpur.
The Team will establish best practice across the Operations site network, Central Operations, and all Enabling Units (IT, Global Finance, HR, Legal, and Compliance). Your primary focus will be the Manufacturing P&L / Balance Sheet of one or more sites, and you will work with site Finance Business Partners, non-Finance colleagues on site, as well as providing support to IFS colleagues.
You will be working in a team of 10 analysts to perform monthly cost reporting & accounting processes, as well as forecasting on a quarterly and annual basis, and to develop and improve those same processes over time.
Experience of manufacturing finance and accounting is required for these roles
Reporting, Planning & Forecasting
· Responsible for month end close for your area of expertise
· Providing robust, quality month end financial information to business teams
· Interpret financial data, and use knowledge and understanding of customer’s business, to deliver quality variance analysis and insightful commentary for management reporting on a timely and accurate basis
· Proactive interaction with Business to provide inputs, challenge and outputs during forecasting updates
· Work with Finance Business Partners to determine and highlight risks and opportunities throughout the forecasting process and produce insightful analysis for inclusion in core planning presentations
Other role requirements
· Assist in better business decisions by provision of financial expertise and insightful analysis to all ad hoc queries in line with SLA, and provide support to on-going projects
· Ensure corporate governance standards are met, taking accountability for effective operation of relevant financial reporting controls
· Identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification across the process area on a continual basis
·The role holder will be a qualified finance professional or equivalent, with 2-4+ years accounting / controlling / FP&A experience
·Knowledge of manufacturing accounting and reporting
·English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management
·Experience of change management and building engagement
·Sound understanding of the finance processes in the scope of IFS Global Services
·Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
·Experience of working in a customer orientated organisation
·Knowledge of Pharma Industry
·Cross-boundary experience, including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally
·Experience of working in a matrix organisation
Internal and External Contacts/Customers:
·Manufacturing Finance Business Partners
·Customer Leads and Finance Leads in IFS
·Other AZ Finance functions, including Back-office Finance teams