Honeywell Supplier Quality Engineer in Penang, Malaysia
Supplier Quality Engineer1. Establish Incoming Inspection Requirements, IIR, in the Incoming System SAP
2. Train Incoming Inspection Inspectors to perform new or revised IIR activities.-
3. Issue NCMR or ANCMR as necessary for Non-Conforming Materials-
4. Timely and Effectively Disposition non-conforming materials at Incoming or returned from the Production 5. Line and conduct MRBs (Materials Review Boards) as necessary involving the required engineering disciplines
6. Perform and/or coordinate FAI (First Article Inspection) for new Material Part Numbers. Issue to Suppliers NCMRs, (Non-Conforming Material Reports), request Corrective Actions and manage Supplier Corrective Actions Effectiveness and Responsiveness.-
7. Coordinate with Supplier Quality Field Engineers follow up activities on Corrective Actions for detected Incoming/Factory Material Rejections and Product/Process/System Audit Findings
8. Identify Incoming Inspection Parts which inspection activities can be reduced or eliminated
9. Improve Supplier Quality relying on data, facts and actions:
10. Prepare Monthly Supplier/Materials "Quality Deep Dives", (Trends, Paretos and Specific Improvement Actions) to drive focused Supplier Quality Improvements activities Work with Product Engineering and Suppliers to optimize Honeywell or Suppliers Specifications to improve materials manufacturability and reduce rejection rates.-
11. Establish as necessary Supplier Quality Improvement Plans/Programs to accelerate Supplier/Materials Quality Improvements.
12. Reduce Cost and Cycle Time of Incoming Inspection Activities.
13. Conduct periodic Supplier Quality Improvement Program/Activities Reviews
14. Be a member of the Material Change Control Board and be an active Reviewer and Approver of Material Change Orders affecting the materials/suppliers under his/her responsibility.
15. Provide technical leadership in the change review process with Suppliers prior effective date of change implementation
16. Participate as a member or leader in Site Commodity Quality Improvement Management Teams.
17. Participate as necessary in Site Cross Functional Quality Improvement Teams
18. Flexible to support ad hoc activities
1. Mechanical / Electro Mechanical/ Electrical / Physics / Material Science Engineering degree .
2. At least 1-2 years related work in quality/ manufacturing
3. Experience with and knowledge of manufacturing and inspection practices and techniques
4. Highly dedicated to achieve results
5. Liking to get involved with Manufacturing Floor issues
6. Customer Satisfaction Oriented (internal and external)
7. Strong understanding of Quality engineering practices applicable to the manufacture of aerospace products including customer and industry standards
8. Familiarity with Quality Systems (e.g., AS9100, ISO 9001, etc.), Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Process Control, Six Sigma, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance, and Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA)
9, Demonstrated technical knowledge, strong leadership and interpersonal skills
10. Outstanding PC, written and verbal communication skills
- Job ID: 00353178
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Penang, PG MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.