PlexusCorp ** Staff / Senior / Embedded Software Engineer (PDC) in Penang, Malaysia
Staff / Senior / Embedded Software Engineer (for Penang Design Center)
Penang Design Center Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer. You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
- Develop software and system concepts that satisfy the customer's requirements, utilizing primarily C and C++ programming languages, along with other languages as needed
- Provide leadership to a team of software engineers, including project planning, task management, mentoring and team motivation.
- Directly interface with customers to clearly and concisely communicate technical information.
- Maintain and deliver controlled software releases to customers by utilizing appropriate configuration management tools
- Develop and execute software design verification test plans per requirements specifications to ensure prototypes meet design requirements
- Develop project documentation in accordance with quality and change management procedures and guidelines to ensure project information is properly organized and archived
- Challenge status quo to continuously improve software group’s capabilities, approach and process
- Report status to the project manager in an accurate and concise manner
- Participate in design reviews to ensure quality design output
- Successfully contribute and interact with a product development team consisting of engineers from various other disciplines (Mechanical, Digital, Analog, Industrial Design and Functional Test)
- Be familiar with the manufacturing process and understand the needs of the software development team to transfer product designs to manufacturing.
Education & Experience
- Master/Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required for this position or
- Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 8 years relevant working experience will be considered
- A minimum of 4 years equivalent industry (firmware/ software development) experience is required for this position assuming education requirements are met
- Able to work independently and possess excellent communication skills.
- Good problem solving skill and familiar with software engineering
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency using lab equipment and debug techniques
- Strong computer skills, decision making, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills and knowledge of software design, to include objected oriented design
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Possess understanding of software design methodology, including Agile Scrum Development *LI-SZ1
Auto req ID: 13710BR
Title: ** Staff / Senior / Embedded Software Engineer (PDC)
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!Plexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer