PlexusCorp ** Functional Test Development Engineer (PDC) in Penang, Malaysia
Senior / Functional Test (FCT) Development Engineer (for Penang Design Center)
Penang Design Center Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer. You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
- Develop and implement functional test solutions that satisfy the customer’s requirement.
- Development activities include test specification analysis, test system design, software development, and mechanical design. Implementation activities include system integration, software coding and debugging, test system build support, installation, user training, and start-up support.
- Test performance characterization includes test coverage, programming/calibration functions, automation, repeat-ability, reliability, safety, ergonomics, and support-ability.
- Be a strong technical contributor and strong technical mentor to mentor junior engineers to ensure the success of the Functional Test Projects and the Functional Test Team.
Constantly provide Continuous Improvement and Growth to the Functional Test Team. Requirements:
Bachelor of Engineering/Science degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent with at least 8 years of working experience
- At least 4 years of hand-on experience on functional test development.
- Possess good programming skill with at least one programming language like C++, LabView, and others.
- Strong in circuit and test specification analysis and be able to develop technical expertise quickly when exposing to different functional test requirement like Environment Stress Screen (ESS) test, PCBA level functional test, High Level Assembly (HLA) functional test and others.
- Must know how to use and remotely control the measurement instrument like Digital Multimeter (DMM), Oscilloscope, Controllable Power Supply, LCR meter and other measurement instrument.
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must know the techniques to ensure accurate and consistent measurement in voltage, current, power, time, waveform and other.
- Must be mature in thinking & behavior, have good attitude and is a team player.
- Experience in the manufacturing functional tester support is an added advantage.
Auto req ID: 8706BR
Title: ** Functional Test Development Engineer (PDC)
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!Plexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer