PlexusCorp Engineer II - Digital in Penang, Malaysia
Staff / Senior / Digital Hardware Design Engineer (for Penang Design Center)
Penang Design Center Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer. You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
- Architect and realize product design that meets product requirements, design, process & safety guidelines as well as customer expectations.
- Design and implement electronics design by selecting components, schematic design and supervising PCB layout as well as integrate and test the hardware platform.
- Conduct product verification against defined hardware specification, prepare design documentation and support design transition to manufacturing as necessary.
- Assume technical lead role in project as necessary to provide the technical direction, technical decision and risk mitigation.
- Identify opportunity to improve within the functional team and participate in improvement activities.
Education & Experience
- For Senior level: Masters/Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience with expertise in embedded hardware design
- For Staff level: Masters/Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with minimum of 7 years’ relevant work experience with expertise in embedded hardware design
- Experience in microprocessor architecture such as ARM, PowerPC, Intel Processor and digital subsystem electronic design.
- Experience in detailed design with schematic capture until supervising PCB layout using industry standard EDA tools (Cadence, Mentor Graphics, etc.) is considered a must have skill.
- Experience in High Speed Digital Interface design (DDR2/DDR3 memories, PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet) and Signal Integrity Analysis using industry standard SI simulation tool such as Mentor Graphic Hyperlynx.
- Experience in programmable logic design (CPLD/FPGA) includes front end logic design using VHDL or Verilog, functional simulation, synthesis, and place & route.
- Experience in using lab tools and test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzer to perform the associated test verification activities.
- Experience in technical and/or project leadership skills including tasks delegation, coaching, schedule planning and BOM cost management.
- Experience in designing Analog electronic circuit (power supplies, low noise signal conditioning) is an added advantage.
- Experience in designing and qualifying hardware for radiated and conducted electromagnetic compatibility is an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently and possess independent thinking ability.
- Possess strong learning agility and passionate in mastering the embedded hardware architecture design.
- Passionate in developing product that meets product requirements and customer expectations.
- Strong computer skills, decision making, problem solving and excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and cross cultural team environment.
- Possess the skill and passion to mentor junior engineers.
- Ability and willingness to travel may be required occasionally to meet business need.
Auto req ID: 15144BR
Title: Engineer II - Digital
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!Plexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer