PlexusCorp Engineer I - Hardware (GT) in Penang, Malaysia
Penang Design Center
Penang Design Center is the centerpiece of Plexus Engineering Solutions Group presence in Asia Pacific. We are currently expanding and looking for dynamic, talented and innovative individuals to be part of our design team developing state-of-the-art products for our customer. You will be responsible for the next-generation platforms for our business partner in Wireline/Wireless Networking Infrastructure, Medical, Industrial/Commercial, Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
Design Engineer (Graduate Trainee)
As a Design Engineer (Graduate Trainee) at Plexus Engineering Solutions, you will learn and gain hands-on experiences through various job rotations across different functions including Analog/ Digital Hardware Design, Embedded Software Development, Functional Test Development, In-Circuit Test. As a Design Engineer, you will design products found in a wide range of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Defense / Security / Aerospace, Networking / Communications, and Industrial / Commercial. You will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team environment and participate in all phases of a product’s lifecycle including early concept development, requirements discovery, design, implementation, test and transitioning to manufacturing.
1. Hardware Design Engineer (Analog/Digital)
- Preparing new product concept design that meets customer requirements & expectations, design, process & safety guidelines
- Design and implement electronics design by selecting components, schematic design and supervising PCB layout as well as integrate and test the hardware platform
Conduct product verification against defined hardware specification, prepare design documentation and support the product development team 2. Embedded Software Design Engineer
Responsible for the architecture and design of software that will control embedded products using ARM processor, Motorola PowerPC and other RISC-based processors ranging from 8-bit to 32-bit
- Conduct feasibility studies on the design of industrial, automotive or medical products and communicate issues regarding the feasibility of such design constraints within the project team
- Finalize the design specifications, code and test the designed software modules
- Develop final customer and user requirement specifications using UML tools.
3. Functional Test Development Engineer
- Develop and implement functional test solutions that deliver test performance to the extent called for by project scope so that internal and external customer expectations are realized
- Development activities include test specification analysis, software development, and high level mechanical design
- Implementation activities include software coding and debug, equipment build support, installation, user training, and start-up support
4. In-Circuit Test (ICT) Development Engineer
- Responsible for the design & development of in-circuit test programs for the Agilent 3070 Board Test System
- Perform circuit analysis, software development (Agilent 3070 development software, Unix Shell Script, Basic programming) and high-level mechanical and electrical circuit design
- Conduct and document design for test reviews based on schematic and PCB accessibility analysis to enhance in-circuit test coverage
- Provide test performance characteristics which include test coverage, programming/calibration functions, automation, repeatability, reliability, safety, ergonomics and supportability.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering is required for this position.
- CGPA at least 3.0 and above.
- Able to work independently and possess excellent communication skills.
- Strong circuit analysis and understanding of electronic components.
- Exposure to embedded software programming languages such as C and C++.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written English communication skill.
- Effective presentation and public speaking.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Auto req ID: 15720BR
Title: Engineer I - Hardware (GT)
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!Plexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer