PlexusCorp Director - Project Management in Penang, Malaysia
About Plexus Engineering Solutions Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
About the Role A key position responsible for overall project execution and customer satisfaction for the Penang Design Center. Manages and develops the Project Management staff. Ensures use of best practices and adherence to Quality System SOPs with respect to project management tools, techniques and procedures, while monitoring overall health and financial performance of active projects. Works closely with the Site Leader for the Design Center and Senior Management in all areas of quality, P&L;, budgeting, staffing and training. Additionally, this person will work as part of the global Plexus Director of Project Management Team to set the forward looking strategy and vision for project management teams at all six global engineering centers.
- Provides Design Center leadership in conjunction with Site Leader and other Directors
- Manage and own the Design Center’s individual project P/Ls. Maintain a focus on project variances and project financial forecasting. Detect potential variance issues and work with Project Managers and customers to obtain resolution before they become problems. Ensures the Design Center maintains the target conversion efficiency.
- Contribute to the global strategy to ensure the project management team's global processes, tools, and people are aligned to ensure customer project needs and company financial goals are met.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through driving project execution excellence, reviewing of customer satisfaction surveys and participation in customer meetings
- Manages and develops the Project Management staff within a Design Center. Ensures use of best practices and adherence to Quality System SOPs with respect to project management tools, techniques and procedures, while monitoring overall health and financial performance of active projects. Works closely with the Site Leader and Senior Management in all areas of quality, P&L;, budgeting, staffing and training
- Manage Project Management staff growth through recruiting, screening, interviewing and selection of internal and external candidates. Conducts Project Management performance appraisals and foster Project Managers with career development plans, to include Identifying and recommending continuing education and training needs for existing and new staff members.
- Develop project management capabilities through training, coaching, group and individual meetings and discussion
- Assign Project Management resources and assist in the development of project teams with input from the Functional Managers, Project Managers, and Director of Engineering. Ensure design complexity, customer strategic importance, and team experience is properly balanced
- Review Design Center proposals prior to submission to customer. Provide data on feasibility, cost, schedules, capabilities, resource availability, and contractual obligations for proposal development. Utilize risk management to determine the appropriate pricing model. Negotiate terms and conditions as necessary
- Develop and maintain the Project Management capital expenditure budget. Work in cooperation with other PSE or Design Center leaders to define common project management and computer systems needs
- Participate in new business development by working with Directors of Engineering Solutions, sales, potential customers, project directors and individual team members to ensure the accuracy, applicability and success of proposal efforts
Work with the Project Managers to develop account plans to generate new opportunities with targeted customers. Take on active role in securing business from anchor customers. Own and cultivate these existing customer opportunities Skills & Abilities
Advanced decision making, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a group environment
- Possess strong team building skills
- Possess good management skills and knowledge of management principles
- Possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Possess good organizational, presentation and leadership skills
Intermediate computer skills Education & Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is required for this position; a Masters degree in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable
- Industry experience of 9 years, including 4 years of project and functional management within New Product Development is required for this position assuming education requirements are met, equivalent industry experience of 10 or more years is highly desirable
Qualifications All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Auto req ID: 16437BR
Title: Director - Project Management
Job Family: Engineering
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: At Plexus, people are our most valuable asset.Our culture is built upon our core values of passion, accountability, customer focus and teamwork. We strongly believe the success of our employees and business depends on our adherence to these values, and we take this responsibility seriously. Our employees embody our core values and bring unmatched industry experience, talent and drive to our customers. We encourage our employees to take ownership of their work experience and their future career path. If you are interested in working for a company that can provide you with unmatched experience and global opportunities, Plexus is the place for you.Plexus is The Product Realization CompanyPlexus uses a unique Product Realization service model to transform our customers’ concepts into branded products and deliver them to their end, target markets. We tailor innovative solutions that integrate product conceptualization, design, commercialization, manufacturing, fulfillment and sustaining services. Whether our customers operate in the Americas, Europe, the Asia Pacific region or worldwide, Plexus delivers turnkey solutions to make any project a success.Discover why more than 9,500 dedicated employees choose Plexus as their employer. Apply today!