PlexusCorp ** Costing/Quote Engineer in Penang, Malaysia
- Meet with Doc Coordinator to analyze the customer BOM that will be entered into the material quoting system.
- Contact customer manager/customer for any documentation or assembly process questions.
- Manage the progress of the cost project through parts and test.
- Meet with Process Engineer to establish assembly production process flow and DFM.
- Estimate labor costs for assembly based on product or process documentation.
- Analyze labor cost output and adjust for exceptions, omissions, or other anomalies.
- Gather and analyze cost data from Material and Engineering Team.
- Summarize all cost data for parts, labor and test.
- Meet with business units to analyze the cost summary.
- Create an organized and thorough proposal to the customer conveying the unit-selling price.
- Assist Plexus Sales and Marketing personnel in creating documents to support the quote presentation to the customer.
- Follow up with the customer on receipt and status of quote.
- Work as part of a team in creating and working on departmental improvement projects.
- Work on additional tasks as assigned by management.
- Degree in Industrial / Mechanical / Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-5 years of EMS experiences or knowledge in SMT, PTH, System Build condition.
- Strong sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Strong PC skills.
- Knowledge of the electronics market and local supplier capability, especially in mechanical assembly would be an added advantage
Auto req ID: 14762BR
Title: ** Costing/Quote Engineer
Job Family: Customer Management
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!Plexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer