Dell Consultant, Accounting in Penang, Malaysia
The Accounting Consultant of Dell Global Operations Accounting leads an organization responsible for 3rd Party Software & Peripherals (S&P) Cost Accounting. The main job responsibilities are:
- Ensuring software and peripherals cost recognition comply with internal and external regulatory requirements and policies
- Review journal booking and Balance Sheet Reconciliation on a timely manner in accordance with corporate policy
- Interpretation of accounting policies and help lead the development of new policies as business evolves. This will encompass working with Executive Leadership across many functional areas to improve the Compliance and Controls Environment.
- Conducting ad-hoc controls/compliance audit/reviews, to ensure that processes and controls are effective and efficient.
- Involve in continuous process improvement and projects. Work with project team to rectify exceptions and closes all gaps identified
- Engage business partners to drive process improvements, simplification or other ad-hoc project
Actively engaged in organizational and resource planning to support staff job rotations, succession planning and organization expansion
- 10 years of relevant experience in Finance and Accounting – preferably with experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or at a Multinational Company.
- Demonstrated experience and accomplishments in working with internal/external business partners
- Strong Leadership & communication skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Business controls / process improvement experience preferred
Title: Consultant, Accounting
Requisition ID: 17000DNK