PlexusCorp ** Buyer in Penang, Malaysia
We're now hiring Buyer to be placed across Plexus 4 sites.
- Procure materials and services per Plexus SOPs and customer's contract to support customer's requirement
- Expedite material to fulfill production requirements, customer upsides, NPIs and transitions
- Maintain good partnership with supplier to ensure flawless support
- Optimise inventory order through the most effective solutions (eg: shipping mode, consolidation etc.)
- Inventory Control
- Minimize inventory while maintaining adequate material level to meet production plans
- Managing Excess & Obselete materials per customer contract and SOP
- Managing Customer Satisfaction
- Timely placement and management of all purchases to mitigate demand gyrations
- Timely execution of excess and obsolescence mitigation per SOP and customer contract
- Lead of purchasing buyers as appropriate for customer communication
- Flawless Execution
- Provide visibility on materials availability to DA
- Managing problematic lot and MRB
- Meet the cascaded metrics or KPIs for buyers
- Provide Guidance and Solutions to Buyers
- First point of escalation to resolve materials issues
- Mentor new buyers
Ensure control in place to meet inventory goal and flexibility required by customer Requirements:
Degree in any discipline with related working experience.
- Computer literate with an aptitude for figures.
- Good communication skills and proficient in English.
- Excellent proactive problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply. Plexus is an equal opportunity employer.
Auto req ID: 14922BR
Title: ** Buyer
Job Family: Materials
Location: Penang, Malaysia
Working At Plexus: Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving ExcellencePlexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you’re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!Plexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer