Honeywell Senior Category Supervisor - T&L in Level 25, UOA Corp Tower, Lobby B, Avenue 10, The Vertical, Bangsar South City, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Senior Category Supervisor - T&L
Sr. Category Supervisor– Transportation & Logistic
Reporting to the APAC T&L Leader, APAC COE, this position is responsible for Honeywell’s Transportation and Logistics procurement and services strategy, execution and results of South East Asia region.
This position will be responsible for Leading Commodity procurement projects for Transportation and Logistics category and managing all sourcing activities at Group level as per business requirement, also drive cost savings and cost avoidance through negotiating better price & payment terms.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be to identify sourcing opportunities either by collecting business requests from SBG/SBUs or driving new initiatives for supply chain cost effectiveness and then manage sourcing projects with productivity improvement or cash flow optimization.
Effectively communicate with stakeholder and supplier, manage the close loop of sourcing, procurement and fulfillment. Acting as focal point for the respective country/region and making strategic planning through data analysis and market intelligence collection to ensure a competitive price strategy for T&L CST.
Key Activities and Responsibility
Sourcing, Negotiation &contract management (36%-50%)
- Implement efficient and effective indirect procurement activities including conducting eAuctions and contract qualified supplier/ services providers for SEA and other countries/region of APAC as assigned.
- Responsible for procurement in logistics activities including transportation, warehousing/3PL, distribution, dangerous goods compliance and customs brokerage in for whole South East Asia region and other countries/region of APAC as assigned.
- Develop Regional T&L PSL Compliance
- Manage archiving of all new contract documents and ensure both active and inactive documents are maintained in electronic and hard copy formats.
- Manage AWPOT and Saving metrics and improvement process.
- Consistently maintain and update project status in project trackvia and contracts in Ariba system.
- Work closely with APAC CST and Logistic logistics leaders of assigned countries/region of APAC to drive new projects/initiatives in order to improve the productivity and efficiency.
- Acting as Chief Liaison for the Corp Commodity procurement team and ISC to communicate the sourcing needs and convert to proven deliverables timely.
- Lead and support regional Group warehouse standardization
Market intelligence collection, Data analysis, Planning & Reporting (20%-35%)
- Managing vendor relationship and collect market information for transportation and logistics
- Timely response on the new sourcing request and driving Group initiatives for better leverage
- Intensive data analysis work on the spend/cost and other sourcing components to facilitate the strategic sourcing plan.
- Managing different reports for the respective CST and region in a timely and consistent manner
- Any ad hoc requests as assigned by APAC CST manager
- Be an Active team player in the Corporate Procurement team
- Consolidate fragmented spend, reduce the utilization of non-strategic suppliers, and move the procurement activities upstream in the lifecycle of a solution in order to bring greater value to Honeywell.
Projects Support, Follow Ups & Compliance
- Preparing and validate documents for the creating Statement of Work, RFP and other documents per requirement.
- Timely execute the projects in a way of six sigma.
- Work with different functional team and support other APAC or global projects as needed.
- Facilitate logistics or project meetings and managing the expectation from internal stakeholders and achieve alignment on the project result and service levels
- Follow the Corp Sourcing Procedures to ensure uniformity and adherence to compliance
- Utilize the Shipping Routine guide and Freight Verification Tool to audit non-compliance users and making corrective actions
- Identifying opportunities & projects to attain high saving/ working capital Impact
- Provide procurement support for all assigned region such as answering questions on cost, Payment, contract requirements and providing training on the Corp PSL, tools and procedures
Knowledge, skills and other qualification
- A Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 810 years of experience in Procurement / Sourcing and preferable having working experience from Global forwarding companies or strong logistics or SCM background from MNC.
- The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills with all levels of employees and management as the candidate will be required to liaise with Sourcing and Supplier counterparts
- Prior experience working on Logistics and Transportation field such as carriers, freight forwarders is desirable as this role will involve extensive knowledge of logistics.
- The candidate should be well versed with Microsoft Products like Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Work independently
- Proficient in data analysis and solutions
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in challenging
- Job ID: 00353712
- Category: Procurement
- Location: Level 25, UOA Corp Tower, Lobby B, Avenue 10, The Vertical, Bangsar South City, Kuala Lumpur, W.Persekutuan KL 59200 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.