Dell Systems Engineer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job ID R07906
Date posted 10/09/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Inside vArchitect (Pre-Sales Engineer)
The vArchitect will provide technical expertise in support of pre-sales activities in the assigned region. Gather requirements, perform analysis, demonstrations, design fully integrated technology solutions, prepare quotes, and work with existing sales team to present the solution to the customer and overcome any objections. Technical emphasis is on hyper- converged infrastructure platforms including virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements. This opportunity is ideal for a proven sales or pre-sales professional.
We are seeking highly technical individuals who are results driven with the ability to influence others to achieve results.
The vArchitect will be required to make technical and sales presentations to customer’s business decision makers and technical staff with assistance and leadership from the Commercial Account Team as well as DCSE and CPSD resources. Must be able to understand Dell’s CPSD product line and /or competitive technology and business applications within the assigned market. Assist the Commercial Account teams in sales campaigns by developing technical responses to customer’s requests and proposals:
• Define solutions with sales team to support customer business requirements and future strategies.
• Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to solutions, and train the account and partner teams.
• Establish relationships with the account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
• Executes technical sales calls remotely.
• Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customers and sales objectives.
• Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately.
• Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
• Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects, and management.
• Posses detailed product./technology/industry knowledge of job associated software and applications.
Update Salesforce with all appropriate opportunities, campaigns and activities
Utilize Dell/EMC tools to effective quote and price the desired solutions.
Evangelize with the inside and field sales teams the benefits of “Buy vs. Build”
Sales and Pre-Sales expertise in complex sales campaigns focused on data center solutions. Highly organized and seasoned technical expert with exceptional relationship development skills coupled with a history of consistent goal achievement
• Must have highly effective communication and presentation skills.
• EMC Proven Professional Certification and/or VMware Certified Professional desired
• Candidates must have 3-7 years’ experience in a sales, pre-sales within a customer facing role.
Knowledge of software defined storage is a plus (VSAN / ScaleIO)
Competitive knowledge of hyper-converged market is beneficial.
Technical acumen with PowerEdge servers