Oceaneering Senior Operations Manager, Survey Services in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oceaneering’s core values are at the center of everything we do, and how we conduct business daily. The safety, health and well-being of our employees, contractors and customers and the public are our number one ethic and will not be compromised. An exceptionally strong and proven HSE track record in our field of business is an absolute must, and shall be an essential daily requirement that shall be worked in strong unison with all our core values.
An equally important and essential function of this position is attitude and includes the following: getting along with co-workers, responding politely to members of the community, working as a team member, functioning well under pressure, responding in a positive manner to supervision, and maintaining inter-office confidentiality.
Other duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Visible safety leadership
- Quality management and strict adherence to performance standards
- Financial oversight and diligence in record keeping
- Collaboration within the Oceaneering organization and use of shared services
- Coordinating Technical Sales and maintaining Client relationships
- Pursuit, Promotion and Development of Oceaneering Business Units opportunities via Survey Group Contacts
- Delegation of Tasks and Supervision to Project Surveyors/ Project Managers
Duties & Responsibilities
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. *Other duties may be assigned.
- Ultimately responsible for selection and direction of Project team members and Project equipment for mobilization, operation, de-mobilization and subsequent Final Reporting.
- Contributing to and responsible for the project life cycle - drafting, bidding, project resource planning, specifications, execution, contractcost mitigation, final reporting, invoicing and final close-out for the Survey Service Business Unit.
- Interfacing with Client and members of the offshore survey operations insuring management of processes andprecisedocumenting of non-conforming events of process.
- Auditing and ensure accuracy in all Reporting and Logs, and repetitive tasks.
- Managing and implementing changes in processes.
- Encouraging a creative and innovative problem solving vibe to better manage unplanned Project developments.
- Thorough comprehension of Management of Costs and Profitability concepts.
- Visible Leadership in the organizing, work prioritization,Client and subordinate interface is necessary to complete tasks throughcoordinated teamwork efforts.
- Survey project staff selection, competency development and career path progression.
- Regional service line profitability and loss, and month end reporting.
- Required to work harmoniously with Clients, Contractors and other employees using the interpersonal skills required of the work setting.
- Requires the ability and willingness to adapt, overcome, and make decisions to make adjustments to the normal job efforts.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related field or comparable working experience.
- Minimum of fifteen years progressively responsible experience in offshore survey operations, offshore survey management, survey project management, technical support and onshore operations management.
- Functional and broad knowledge of subsea construction survey systems and their applications.
- Working knowledge of ISO certification and standard QA / QC processes.
- PMP Certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Applications andOperational knowledge of current range of offshore survey software packages.
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager, Survey Services
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job ID: 11766
Full/Part Time: Full-Time