Microsoft Corporation Premiere Field Engineer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PREMIERE FIELD ENGINEER (PFE)
Our Mission Statement
PFE provide technical leadership for Premier customers around the world to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimized and healthy. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner to avoid future issues. This includes guidance on best practices, risk assessments, migrations, and onsite, remote and designated support services (DSE). As part of Services & Consulting, PFE partners with Commercial Technical Support and Enterprise Services to strengthen the Microsoft Services Field Engineering capability worldwide.
What we do best
PFEs provide various services to our Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve critical issues, and ultimately improve the health of our customers’ environments. We consult with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with Microsoft best practices. PFEs deliver onsite and designated services for Microsoft’s Premier customers across South East Asia.
We need individuals who:
Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty and can solve complex technical problems
• Deep passion in the technology space and enjoys impacting our customers in their IT landscape
• Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required.
• Set an example of excellence as the face of Microsoft, illustrating credibility and commitment to first class delivery
• Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic on-going customer relationships, gain trust and provide clarity to stakeholders across all levels.
• A great team player, having multiple opportunities to work together with diverse talented individuals across the organisation. Someone who actively value-adds to your peer groups with your knowledge and experience.
• Deep passion for learning and growth. In Microsoft, we groom our people. Earn certifications as an MCSD and much more. Microsoft will facilitate this opportunity through company provided resources.
• Enjoys great exposure through travelling. Overnight travel is expected for the role.
• More than 5 years of experience in the enterprise customer arena
• Face-to-face customer engagement skills
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Troubleshooting knowledge & skills
• Technical writing, presentation and training skills.
• MS qualification desirable
• Degree qualification or equivalent experience
• Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management
Immense passion and experience in development primarily on .NET languages. Additionally, other huge pluses include C#, VB.Net, C/C++, XML and scripting, COM/DCOM/COM+, MSMQ, data access technologies, transaction processing, networking, Azure PaaS, ALM, TFS, .Net Framework 2.0 to 4.5, IIS, ASP.Net, SQL Server & BizTalk Server, with a proven history of learning quickly and dealing with ambiguous situations. At the core of that is being a technical expert, but one who is constantly learning and sharing.
The right candidates will be open to share their knowledge, have an opinion based on experience but be mature enough to adapt when they are not right.
Microsoft Field Engineers should possess the following:
• Deep technical expertise in respective technology, both administrative and development experience, in supporting, design and deployment including and not limited to applications and development skills
• Ability to troubleshoot custom applications built on top of the above products
• Excellent knowledge of debugging tools and development skills, performance monitoring and tuning
• Ability to solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting; and accountable for root cause analysis, prevention and knowledge transfer, identifies routine bugs.
• Have solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals
• Ideally have a secondary expertise in another Microsoft Technology.
Due to the nature of the role and client profile, local candidates are preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity Customer service & support