Honeywell NPI Quality & Standards in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
NPI Quality & Standards
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The appointed candidate will be responsible to support the business in executing the New Product Introduction Process by providing necessary support and inputs to drive improvements in product and process quality and reliability. She will manage the overall framework for NPI Quality and work with various stakeholders directly responsible for execution and keep the business updated at each phase. Activities of all related quality functions in NPI from design to regulatory will be program managed by the incumbent. Further, she must engage regulatory agencies in the development of standards/requirements in emerging markets and work with local governmental agencies to ensure that the business has visibility to both existing and future country regulatory and market access requirements.
- Early engagement in New Product Introduction processes across all product ranges andall brands to drive improvements in product quality at launch.
- Work with appropriate stakeholder to ensure definition of the offering validation strategy and its execution.
- Participate in NPI design reviews & design change process: assess product designs and provide input to design reviews to ensure performance requirements and design targets are achieved.
- Reporting offering quality status to the stakeholders.
- Reporting NPI Quality metrics over the stated period.
- Review test plans based on specifications to validate hardware/software deliverable.
- Ensuring offering quality goals are defined and met using quality indicators and measures.
- Ensure appropriate Reliability & Quality requirements are included in product and design specifications, and applicable program plan.
- Program manage overall NPI execution with accountability to HSF Quality NPI deliverables (schedule, quality, cost)
- Interface with SQE to improve the quality of BTS OEM/ODM sourced product.
- Support the business in tailoring quality validation for BTS.
- Review work instructions for new products.
- Program Management skills to manage and monitor other support functions and their dependency towards Quality during NPI.
- Reporting offering quality status to stakeholders.
- Directly support the HBT NPI process by ensuring that all quality deliverable's are both compliant and provided in a right first time and fast approach.
- Participate in research of regulatory issues and dissemination regulatory information as required.
- The incumbent should develop strategies to influence standards committees to adopt new technologies in the domain of fire and security early warning.
- (S)He should actively participate in development of relevant standards.
- Support internal and external stakeholders in the interpretation of specific global standards and codes.
- Work with Honeywell internal functions, as required, and represent Honeywell in highlighting gaps in existing standards and working with committees to improving existing standards.
- Active role play, to introduce adoption of new standards in ASEAN region, by working with Government agencies and code committees.
- Supervise Regulatory Affairs consultants and/or officers as required.
Ensure that local products are in full compliance with local country requirements and escalates as required when non conformists are identified.
20 Drive technical solutions
20 Idea generation
20 Brainstorm solutions
20 Continuous improvement
20 Risk analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation or Electronics
- Six-Sigma Green belt certified
- Project Management experience
- Good communication skills would be essential and the ability to develop strategies to influence the direction of standard
- IT Skills required for product data management, analysis and reporting. SAP, MS Excel, MSWord, Powerpoint
- Broad experience in the fire alarm industry and preferably have experience in the writing and formulation of standards.
- A knowledge of fire standards including EN, ISO and UL and an understanding of their application throughout the ASEAN region would clearly be advantageous.
- (S)He would preferably be recognised within the industry and have contacts with regulators and fire authorities within the ASEAN area.
- Membership of fire associations and other relevant bodies would be advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of fire products would be essential and experience in the design and installation of fire detection and alarm systems would be a very desirable.
- Ability to influence and coach across functions to identify opportunities to improve processes andenable process owners to implement improvements.
- Capable to follow-up consistently and tactfully with respective stakeholders to meet datelines.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated with positive attitudes that focus on delivering results
- Hands on work ethic
- Out of box thinking
- Provide clear and concise communications
- Greenbelt Certified
- Proficient computer skills
- Regulatory experience
- Knowledge of six sigma tools
- Ability to partner with others on projects
- Understanding of quality processes
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD2523
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, WP 59200 MYS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.