State Street Investment Manager Services, Client Services Operations, Senior Associate (6 months contract) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
* Overall Objectives:*
This is a varied position with a high level of responsibility within the Client Servicing team, within Investment Manager Services (IMS)). This Client Service Senior Associateacts as the primary contact point for the local IMS client. The team is responsible for monitoring service delivery to clients, proactive management of service issues, and the resolution of all client initiated queries.
The characteristics of this role are:
- Provide a high standard of client servicing / support to our clients
- Embrace State Street’s “corporate values” and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Effectively communicate with clients, custodians, managers, and peers within State Street.
- Be a strong team player and demonstrate dedication to group and company goals
- Demonstrate professional maturity and effective time management
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Be a key contact for the client in escalations and complex market questions
- Ensure all client inquiries are logged and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Monitor client inquiry trends and recommend remedial actions that will improve ongoing client satisfaction
- Establish strong working relationships with the operational teams providing services for local clients, monitoring their performance and acting as the escalation point on behalf of local clients
- Ensure all daily and monthly services are delivered in accordance with relevant client SLA’s
- Develop positive relationships externally with the client and market participants.
- Produce monthly MIS/KPI reporting across all clients
- Participate in monthly client service reviews and onsite client meetings
- Facilitate client on-boarding on all aspects
- Project initiatives – involvement with regards to future automation within the department as a whole, with a direct objective of increased efficiency, accuracy and productivity.
- Contribute to team initiatives around audit, risk management
- Develop Business Contingency Plan to ensure services expectations from clients are always maintained.
- Assist Operations Team Leader with complex client relationships/requests.
- Cross training across all functions in the CS team.
- Support the development of a ‘best practice’ Client Service model across IMS Asia Pacific
- Embrace the implementation of the IMS Global Operating Model
- Work effectively with peers locally and across the region to achieve common goals
- Influence the team positively while enhancing the work culture
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- excellent attention to detail
- must be responsible and take ownership of all allocated tasks
- must be organised and able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- must have a demonstrated ability to handle numerous activities and prioritize work effectively.
- must be pro-active and a problem solver
- must demonstrate highly professional behaviour when dealing with all key stakeholders
- ability to work autonomosly
- must be flexible, often dealing with ad-hoc queries from clients.
- must demonstrate an understanding of the risks involved in the processes and reflect this in their approach to work prioritisation
- a team player
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven track record in a client service environmentand/or operations based experience with client contact, with a minimum 3-5 years client service experience
- Excellent understanding of the Investment Management industry, with a minimum 3-5 years industry experience
- Good understanding of Investment Manager Operations, particularly around processes and key deliverablesas well as understanding of Lending Operations
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise under pressure
- Good understanding of State Street operations - technical, systems, policies and procedures - is an advantage
- Experience in account or relationship
State Street Job ID: 165069
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Investment Manager Services, Client Services Operations, Senior Associate (6 months contract)
Job ID: 165069
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur