UBS Financial Services Financial Reporting Specialist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Reference #:
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have the know-how for analyzing financial information? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– plan and coordinate our external reporting process, prioritize and manage the team's deliverables and support the team lead in interactions with senior stakeholders at UBS and external supervisory bodies,
– design and implement disclosures complying with financial reporting and regulatory requirements as well as to refresh our annual reporting concept
– draft disclosures or thoroughly review disclosure drafts submitted by our stakeholders for inclusion in our external quarterly and annual reports, ensuring compliance with our disclosure and presentation, and
– mediate in / resolve any cases of conflicting stakeholder interests and priorities.
Financial Reporting Specialist
Country / State:
Financial Controlling & Accounting, Tax
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Group External Reporting team within Group Accounting. Our team prepares and analyzes underlying information in UBS's financial statements and regulatory reporting, ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements as well as applicable banking regulations. We aim to achieve best–in-class external financial and regulatory reporting.
Your experience and skills:
– a university degree with proven experience in dealing with various reporting requirements and operating in a financial services environment
– working experience in a regulatory reporting or related accounting policy capacity, ideally at a bank, and you understand IFRS, Swiss GAAP (Swiss Federal banking law) and relevant Basel III regulations or have gained similar experience through working for an audit company (experience in treasury or risk management is an advantage)
– excellent process coordination, planning, organization and communication skills, both oral and written
– the ability to express opinions clearly, firmly and credibly, but also sympathetically when required
– excellent analytical skills and project management experience
– a strong control and governance mentality
– strong organizational skills including multi-tasking, prioritization and the ability to maintain your equilibrium under pressure
– methodical, concise and accurate, paying strong attention to detail
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
– proficient and fluent in both German and English
– an effective team player, with professional and positive attitude
– sensitive to our multi-cultural organization and sufficiently flexible to work effectively with people across multiple locations
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?