Oceaneering Commercial Manager, Asia Pacific in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise and manage the bids and proposals team and proceses.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs day to day activities of the ST&R; bids and proposals team.
- Performs preliminary RFQ analysis and assigns proposal teams
- Develops standard formats and templates to streamline the proposal process
- Reviews the entire bid package and proposal format and identifies necessary resources for completion
- Work together with Shared Services in the region as needed for bid completion
- Prepares bid cost spreadsheets, price quotations, formal proposals, drawings, and product delivery schedules to meet customer requirements and Company standards.
- Maintains proposal records, logs and follow-up on submitted proposals
- Communicates with customers during the bid preparation and clarification process
- Accountable for reporting Bids and Proposals activity and metrics in the region for the business unit using CRM system
- May directly perform business development or sales efforts as required
- Identify and lead training efforts across other Oceaneering bids and proposals teams for continous improvemen.
Other duties as assigned.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Director, Business Development
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering discipline highly desired) plus three (3) years industrial sales and proposal preparation experience; or eight (8) years equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Subsea oil and gas industry experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, SolidWorks, Xait Porter and PLM
Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and document control software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Exhibit high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Usesound judgment and personal initiative. Have eexcellent communication skills and organizational skills.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Commercial Manager, Asia Pacific
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job ID: 11874
Full/Part Time: Full-Time