Hilton Cluster Cost Controller in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
A Cluster Cost Controller will work with all Heads of Departments to effectively control all products that enter and exit the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As Cluster Cost Controller, you will work with all Heads of Departments to effectively control all products that enter and exit the hotel. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Review the daily intake of products into the hotel and ensure accurate pricing and quantity of goods received
- Control the stores by ensuring accuracy of inventory and stock control and the pricing of good received
- Alert Cost Controller of slow moving goods and goods nearing expiry dates to reduce waste and alter product purchasing to accommodate
- Manage cost reporting on a weekly basis
- Attend finance meetings, as required
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Perform monthly stock takes of the entire hotel’s Beverage inventory
- Assist to oversee and spot audit the Stewarding and Housekeeping Operational Equipment, (O.E.), and Linen inventory reports on a quarterly basis
- Complete other ad hoc job tasks for the finance department as and when needed in compliance withhotel expectations and standards.
- Review & discuss each hotel’s procedures, processes and formats. Assimilates the process taking best practices from each property for Cost Control, Receiving and Stores.
- In charge of Check SCM System knowledge and training from the Post Purchasing to Pre Accounts Payable end.
- Works with Respective hotels Purchasing and Accounts Payable Departments for process reviews; and hotel departments for cross departmental compliance.
- Implements best practices, taken from each property or shared knowledge and ensures compliance from the respective hotels of such best practices.
- Ensures proper accounting of inter bar and kitchen transfer, food, beverage and tobacco in a similar methodology within the cluster.
- To audit and maintain the integrity of the Cost Control Departments of each hotel.
- Oversee and sport checks monthly stock takes and month end process of the entire hotel’s inventory.
- Assists in the performance reviews of the Cost Control, Store and Receiving Departments.
- Understand and measure cost drivers for the hotel. Utilize innovative analysis to stimulate thought and management action.
- Set an example to the hotel by operating an efficient and cost effective finance department.
- Complete other ad hoc job tasks for the finance department as and when needed in compliance with hotel expectations sand standards.
What are we looking for?
A Cluster Cost Controller serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a high volume cost control function within a hotel environment
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Cluster Cost Controller
Requisition ID: HOT048Q1