Dell Sr Manager, SW Engineering in Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Sr Manager, SW Engineering
Job ID R06186
Date posted 10/09/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell Commerce Service Group (DCSG) builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is searched more than 1 million times per day. DCSG provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, Support, and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.
This role will lead the Software Engineering organization that has responsibility for delivering high velocity improvements to the online experience, and providing software engineering support for one of the largest online retailers in the world. We are looking for highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building highly visible, highly available, and customer facing E-Commerce solutions. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in services development for online commerce, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative. Highly motivated, goal-oriented individuals who will be responsible for building software solutions to meet our business needs.
Candidates should be excellent team players, yet capable of working independently, and will be able to manage multiple projects at once. Candidates will work with very little direction, will be comfortable leading conference calls, and can guide web site design and user flows for multiple device types. We are looking for the most senior candidates who have a strong background in Enterprise/Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to innovate and be creative.
• Lead the development of online products for one of the largest online retailers in the world
• Lead a talented Software Engineering organization to deliver innovative, high quality products on a foundation of architectural and engineering excellence
• Responsible for hiring top candidates and building great teams
• Maintain a strong culture of innovation, creativity, and fun
• Provide leadership and mentor in engineering best practices, including agile development methodologies, service architectures, and design patterns
• Responsible for ensuring stability and performance of the products are best in class. This includes accountability for performance, availability management and capacity planning.
• Communicate and translate vision/strategy to staff. Responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group.
• Must be a strong technical decision maker
• Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems for several programs and projects
• Leads the implementation of rigorous engineering excellence process and platform improvement initiatives.
• Passionate about the customer experience, and ensure every visit a great experience.
Bachelor's/MS degree in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline preferred
12+ years of relevant work experience leading engineering teams and most of this focused eCommerce
Strong technical background, and experience in building next generation reference architectures and solutions to enable business strategies
In-depth knowledge and experience in Digital Commerce with a proven track record
Experience in a large global and multi-channel environments, with experience in omni-channel strategy and execution
Detailed understanding of the current digital commerce ecosystem including the macro-economic environment, industry trends, emerging technologies and disciplines
Strong track record in building high performing organizations with a focus on people development and empowered teams
Experience managing and optimizing operation and program budgets
Data driven and with a detailed knowledge of digital analytics
Ability to take part in code reviews with ability to drive architecture and design discussions and decide on final solutions
Strong organizational planning and development, business judgment, influential skills and technical leadership
Experience in services and support, and working knowledge of end-user/customer experience
Strong communication and relationship skills
Industry knowledge of the retail and eCommerce, with a heavy emphasis in the Online/Offline Support space with a keen interest in keeping up to date on the latest happenings in this space
Knowledge of other Marketplace platforms
Experience on SCRUM methodology and operation in an AGILE development environment
Experience with establishing processes, controls, risk management and resource allocation
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline