Dell Sr. Advisor, Project/Program Management (Enablement Project Manager (OTM) - Global Logistics) in Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia
Sr. Advisor, Project/Program Management
Dell Penang, Malaysia
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Business Support at Dell, we are looking for a Sr. Advisor, Project/Program Management join our team in Dell Penang (APCC2 – Bukit Mertajam), Malaysia .
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
Overview: Want to join a world-class global Supply Chain organization where you can drive change while building a long-term career? Dell’s Supply Chain organization offers the opportunity to learn industry leading skills through our in-house training programs and top of the line career development courses. Recognized for our world-class processes, as a member of the Global Supply Chain team you will have an opportunity to support Dell’s transformation strategy, develop your career, and partner with a diverse team of talented supply chain experts.
Dell’s Supply Chain Transformation organization is seeking a Program Manager to join its team.
· Project Execution : Manages all project and possibly program related activities and has responsibility for execution and final delivery and release of the product.
· Manage Project Scope : Oversee process to define scope of the project based on the business need in order to meet the customer's project expectations. o Direct project plan approval process from the customer in order to formalize the project management approach. o Develops and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables, risks and issues, and timelines throughout the project with input from the application managers, business partners and project team. o Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance
· Manage Project Work : Ensures deadlines are met by facilitating resource planning, organizing, and prioritizing. o Keeps management and key stakeholders (IT/ Enablement PMO/ Business partners) well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment. o Make sure regular project status/quality meetings are conducted and development of project metrics and project scorecard is accomplished.
· Define Requirements : Ensure Business subject matter experts engage in requirements capture.
· Communication Facilitation: Facilitates communication and negotiation within and across the project teams with great influencing skills. o Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
· Mitigate Risks: Ensure risk and issue process is executed to achieve project success. o Reviews project risks and action plans, and escalates to appropriate level of management.
· Project Leadership: Provides leadership to the project team throughout the life cycle of the project. o Provide vision and strategic leadership, governance and support to the Project Management structure and deployments assigned.
· Project Closeout /Final Acceptance: Ensure final acceptance for the project from the sponsor/customer by ensuring that the delivered product(s) and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, agreed scope, and any organizational procedures in order to close.
· Develop Resource Plan : Provides input to ensure adequate resource management.
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree · 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience relative to project or portfolio management supporting assigned businesses or functions · Project Management Institute (PMI/PMP) certification highly desirable · Oracle Transportation Management /Oracle Global Trade Management experience highly desirable · Strong managerial, problem-solving, lateral thinking, communications, project management, planning organizational and interpersonal skills · Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects · Knowledge of the business and functional units supported, their products, services and processes and pertinent regulation impacting their delivery.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Job: *Project/Program Mgmt
Title: Sr. Advisor, Project/Program Management (Enablement Project Manager (OTM) - Global Logistics)
Location: AP-MY-Penang-Bukit Mertajam
Requisition ID: 17000L1E