Dell Advisor, Purchasing in BUKIT MERTAJAM, Malaysia
Dell Penang (APCC2 – Bukit Mertajam), Malaysia
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Dell Global Procurement team in Dell, we are looking for an Advisor, Purchasing to join our team in Dell Penang (APCC2 – Bukit Mertajam), Malaysia .
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
· Ensuring the most effective use of existing business systems and process to meet business result and organization goal.
· Plan/Schedule supply coverage for 3months (90 days) rolling.
· Responsible for a well balanced demand supply of required material and timely delivery of the highest quality with the lowest cost.
· Maintain continuity of supply by working closely with marketing/ planning to gain deeper understanding of the market needs and strategy.
· Work hand in hand with suppliers to maintain healthy inventory level.
· Forward planning to shift demand or supply accordingly and able make necessary highlights to drive for end desired state /result.
· Able to participate in group activity to develop and drive for process enhancement.
· Metrics oriented and ensure all metrics are being prioritized with proper activities in place to meet the goals.
· Involve in project to design, develop and deploy of new tools, process enhancement with the goal to drive efficiency in daily operation.
- Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline, typically obtained through formal study.
General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities.
Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Organization: Client Solutions
Title: Advisor, Purchasing
Location: AP-MY-Penang-Bukit Mertajam
Requisition ID: 17000OPO