Dell Sr. Manager, Global Supply Management in Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
Sr. Manager, Global Supply Management Dell Penang, Malaysia
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Materials & Procurement team in Dell, we are looking for a Sr. Manager , Global Supply Management to join our team in Dell Penang (SWTC – Bayan Lepas), Malaysia .
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
This role is part of the APJ Operations Planning team and its key responsibility is in leading our Performance Management units. This is a senior role within the AOP team with focus across a range of products. Collaboration with key counterparts across Global Operations, EUCS, Sales, Marketing and Finance are critical to the success of this role.
Using a combination of general product knowledge and good data manipulation skills, the general theme of this role is to focus performance management in related to Large deal support, Lead-time, Ship & Book plan and Excess & Obsolete of materials. Primary responsibilities include ownership of the Demand & Supply signal from sub-region in charge: South Asia through to the supply signal with WWP & Operations. Key results include driving superior customer experience through improved planning process, proactive management of material supportability and driving cost efficiency in the supply chain.
1. Understands the Demand & Supply requirements of a defined sub-region through engagement with leadership of Business Unit to ensure appropriate level of managed supply availability.
2. Aligns forecast assumptions with Business Unit requirements.
3. Can translate customer and financial requirements to actionable planning capabilities across our Global Operations and WW Procurement teams.
4. Governs Large deal support process collaborating with Supply Chain planning lead to provide the superior buying experience to our relationship customers. 5. Maintains Continuity of Supply (COS) for assigned sub-region so that we optimize our lead-time performance.
6. Maintain an appropriate lead-time of products and peripherals along with supply plan through lead-time management tool ( GOMT, DPE) in order to hit over 90% of Perfect Order Index.
7. Maintain accuracy of Book and Ship plan by leading sub-regional planners in order to support production capacity plan as well as providing accurate backlog projection for IDC cut off and quarter-end.
8. Governs the process of E&O projection by leading LOB planners in order to draw and drive the actions to hit the quarterly spending target.
1. Bachelor’s Degree &/or MBA ( Operation’s & Supply Chain) qualified with 12 years of relevant Demand & Supply Planning experience in large multinational’s. Preferably the hardware industry or similar industries.
2. Be a proven leader with experience across different disciplines and be capable of influencing the business and drive decisions needed to improve our business at a global level. Needs to be able to lead on elements of strategy and global consistency. 3. Good knowledge of planning systems and tools.
4. Ability to deal with high level of ambiguity/ complexities and drive cross functional influence to solve key business challenges.
5. Be a subject expert with depth of knowledge of key forecast methodologies and planning tools.
6. Be an excellent communicator with strong team building skills.
7. Excellent business and financial acumen.
8. Ability to manage a team of individuals remotely across Asia.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Job: *Material Planning
Title: Sr. Manager, Global Supply Management
Location: AP-MY-Penang-Bayan Lepas
Requisition ID: 17000LMP