Dell Sr Analyst, Accounting in BAYAN LEPAS, Malaysia
The APJ Statutory team is responsible for ensuring high quality financial statements for the 30 legal entities are provided to key customers (Dell Legal Entity Directors, External Auditors, Global Tax and Global Legal etc.) within the specified deadlines to enable Dell to meet the statutory filing requirements in APJ. This role will key in monitoring the APJ statutory compliance. Close working relationship with the statutory teams across APJ along with good partnership with Corp. Tax, Corp. Sec, Legal, PwC etc.
This role will require the effective and efficient delivery of requirements in the following key areas:
APJ statutory audit management:
· Maange the APJ statutory audit end to end processes (audit planning, execution & finalization) to ensure on time statutory filing for all APJ entities.
a. Statutory audit planning phase – Leading the annual audit planning meeting with external auditors, legal & corp. tax
b. Statutory audit execution phase – Ensure all the audit executions/filed work are executed effectively & efficiently by the respective county managers & accountants through regular status review, and escalate & coordinate the issue resolutions when necessary.
c. Statutory audit finalization phase – Target unqualified audit opinion for the all entities. Follow up emphasis of matter points (if any) in the audit opinion to ensure closure.
d. Postmortem with PwC & related business partners to look for processes improvements and internal control recommendations (if any)
· Improve the statutory governance processes by developing the right audit engagement model with auditors, directors, country managers and country accountants; set up/execute control processes to ensure statutory compliance (incl. statutory accounting manual, statutory recon processes etc.)
· Work with Global Statutory Governance team on processes standardization.
· Work with Global Co-souring team to explore the Co-souring requirement on statutory audits.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with business partners (auditors, Corporate tax, Finance and accounting functional team, Legal etc.).
· Develop and maintain excellent local GAAP knowledge for APJ legal entities, being the subject matter expert to provide the guidance to statutory accountants.
APJ statutory council coordination:
· Coordinate with business partners (Legal, Corp. Tax, Statutory accounting teams etc.) to prepare the APJ statutory meeting council deck for Director / VP meetings.
· Recommend the key review topics by engaging with business partners proactively.
Statutory Accounts –
Acting as the country accountant for the assigned legal entities and working with the Statutory accountants to the end to end audit processes are executed effectively. Include:
· Work out detail audit plan with external auditors, and related business partners and ensure the audit are executed as per timeline
· Review and ensure the financial statements & foot note disclosure are prepared with high quality & ensure all audit PBC, audit queries are properly addressed within the targeted timeline
· Review the FS with accounting director & signing directors with meaning FS flux analysis and full understanding on the related business for those particular entities.
· Review and approve the statutory adjustment JEs and the regular statutory account bridge and recon.
Tax Accounting –
· Post the tax accounting JE and recon as per policy and timeline for the assigned entities
Key Proficiencies and Qualifications Required:
· Good organisational skills and has great initiative
· Excellent communication and inter personal skills required (verbal, written and presentations).
· Ability to work within tight operating deadlines
· Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
· Proven experience in supporting cross-functional teams an advantage.
· Strong PC skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to identify improvement opportunities & translate same from concept to reality.
· Professional Accountancy qualification with minimum of 4 years post qualification experience, preferably with a large Public Accounting Firm or multinational background.
· Previous Dell finance experience a distinct advantage.
Title: Sr Analyst, Accounting
Location: AP-MY-Penang-Bayan Lepas
Requisition ID: 17000R87