Dell Advisor, Product Document Management in BAYAN LEPAS, Malaysia
Advisor, Product Document Management
Dell Penang, Malaysia
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Product Document Management team in Dell, we are looking for an Advisor, Product Document Management to join our team in Dell Penang (SWTC – Bayan Lepas), Malaysia.
Dell provides end-to-end solutions that enable more affordable and accessible technology around the world, empowering people everywhere to do more. You will be part of a collaborative team that believes in honest communication, shares creativity and welcomes different perspectives. There is a winning culture built on a platform of integrity and a spirit of innovation. We will also provide the mentoring, training and opportunities for you to fulfill your ambitions and potential.
As Global Product Offer Manager you are required to lead and deliver our operational efforts during this time of exciting transformation. The role is to own and manage all aspects of product data from inception to go live on Dell’s order management systems . This will involve cooperation and team work, utilizing problem solving skills and using your initiative to define the best and most efficient method of completing a task and sharing best practices across the global organization.
· You will interface with various teams within Dell to identify technical, marketing and data requirements and apply them to product data within our internal and external facing systems including Dell.com. Networking and building relationships with team members will be critical to your success.
· Ownership and governance of all aspects of product data. You need to project manage and utilize the resources you have available to you to ensure quality and alignment with Dell’s strategic goals. You must drive the T minus schedule to ensure quality and audit checks are complete to 100% accuracy.
· Proactively manage and coordinate product data updates/maintenance and issue resolution using global processes and tools.
· Be a leader in implementing process improvements, define and envisage global solutions and influencing their global organizational rollout.
· Complete global project deployments by means of User Acceptance Testing (UAT), business requirement generation and interfacing with IT teams.
· Identify opportunities to develop and implement long-term operational efficiencies and process improvements, this will include working cross-functionally with organizations such as sales, demand/supply, finance, IT, marketing, engineering and more.
· Lead at least 1 global project and participate in at least 2 other initiatives per year that influence GOMD and Dell’s strategic objectives.
· Efficient and accurate in handling and manipulating data.
· Motivated and goal driven; deliver to deadlines.
· Able to work flexible hours and/or weekends as occasionally required.
· Flexible, adaptable and an active team player.
· An excellent communicator, both written and verbal, comfortable communicating to senior management.
· Comfortable leading project groups and has strong influencing skills.
· Strong keyboard skills and a proven knowledge of office applications.
· Understanding of product configuration/validation principles an advantage.
· Ability to assimilate high volumes of technical information and draw inferences.
Undergraduate degree and 4+ years relevant experience.
PMP or equivalent project management methodology certification would be an advantage.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Title: Advisor, Product Document Management
Location: AP-MY-Penang-Bayan Lepas
Requisition ID: 17000X25