Microsemi Corporation Logistics Analyst in Bayan Baru, Malaysia
About the Job: Logistics Analyst
Location: Penang, Malaysia
The global logistic team at MSCC is responsible for the managing all the various logistic activities ranging from shipping/receiving, custom clearance, warehouse management, expediting shipment, inventory audit and freight cost analyst.
As an inventory Specialist based in Penang, the candidate will be working closely with the planning team and Inside Sales team to ensure the timely flow of material from the various subcontractors to support the on-time delivery of finished products to our customers. The candidate is required to work closely with MSCC's subcontractors and freight forwarders located throughout Asia.
- Support the planning team to expedite materials from different subcontractors to meet customer's delivery date.
- Support the Inside Sales team to ship products to the customers.
- Work with freight forwarder to clear shipments from customs.
- Monitor and tracking of urgent shipments.
- Generate export documents and invoices, if necessary.
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory.
- Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Audit of third party logistic warehouses.
- Establishing strong working relationship and understanding with stakeholders, management, business units, suppliers and customers.
- Education Level : Associate Degree or equivalent
- Min 3 years' experience in logistic industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and with ability to work independently and closely with internal and external parties.
- Service orientated person who will strive to provide greatest satisfaction to both internal and external customers.
- Good IT skills would be an advantage.
- Able to travel
- SAP experience
- Warehouse experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled