Hilton Paymaster/Payroll Officer in Batu Ferringghi, Malaysia
A Payroll Officer/Paymaster will support the daily operations of the payroll process and use payroll historical and trending data to make recommendations to the Director of Finance.
What will I be doing?
As Payroll Officer/Paymaster, you will support the daily operations of the payroll process and use payroll historical and trending data to make recommendations to the Payroll Manager. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Director of Finance with the maintenance of accounting records and provide related financial reports for the hotels under the umbrella of the centralised accounting system using PeopleSoft Financials
- Support the Director of Finance in managing communications with FAAST regarding payroll
- Assist with the month end process, as it relates to payroll costs, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled
- Ensure the balance sheets, as they relate to all payroll accounts are a fair reflection of the assets of the hotels
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and consistent with the financial accounts so that the PandL/Balance sheets reconcile to the trial balance and where proof of reconciliations can be provided on a monthly basis
- Assist the Director of Finance with reporting, including the Balanced Scorecard, that incorporates benchmarking, productivity, identification and measurement of key performance indicators, where both historical and forecasted performance is tracked
- Ensure Team Member pay queries are resolved on a timely basis
- Monitor actual hours to contracted hours
- Ensure effective controls are in place over payroll expenses
- Work with Director of Finance and IT Project Teams to deliver system and process improvements to enhance Payroll function efficiency
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
What are we looking for?
A Payroll Officer/Paymaster serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Strong organisational skills
- A good understanding of financial operating systems
- Strong influencing, inter-personal and communication skills
- Good analytical skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience with the PeopleSoft system
- Previous experience with Accounts/Finance/HR
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Paymaster/Payroll Officer
Requisition ID: HOT047JY